This book is intended to function as a manual for course participants. The material is organized so that relevant elements match the progression of training itself.
Other pedagogical considerations may mean, of course, that some course tutors will find some sections more useful than others.
Some material and drawings have been taken from publications by the Danish Working Environment Authority (Arbejdstilsynet) or from earlier versions of this book. Other illustrations are reproduced by kind permission of suppliers of hoisting equipment and accessories, and from companies who work with the types of cranes described in the book.
Please note that regulations, requirements and load limits can change over time. Always refer to the latest version of local legislation.
- Historical development
- Crane categories
- Pre-shift inspections
- Crane travel
- The duties and responsibilities of the crane operator
- Multiple crane lifts
- Crane structure and parts
- Exercise 1 - Loading long cargo onto a ship
- Exercise 2 - Loading a concrete element
- Exercise 3 - Travel with a container crane
- Exercise 4 - Manlifting
- Exercise 5 - Lifting a large concrete element
- Exercise 6 - Moving heavy cargo
- Exercise 7 - Moving a tractor
- Exercise 8 - Load testing
- Exercise 9 - SWL (safe working load) and gear loads
- Exercise 10 - Inspection and scrapping of gear
PRAXIS - Erhvervsskolernes Forlag